5/16/2013

Oh, sweet madness! and an Anthem Lights song

source


So my best friend has also decided to commit to learning to play the guitar. As of yesterday. Her brother has showed her a few chords, like, years and years ago. So she knows a few things. Today she came over and we played and practiced and were all over google and youtube learning things. All. Day. Long.

           It's been total madness!

           We did bake cookies though. So, small break, yes. Small break.

           One day. Two or three songs. Too many chords. Brain-over load! How does she remember all this stuff?!

          I'm glad though. Really, I am. It's nice to have someone to play with. It's motivating too. I learn something and then I show her. And then she learns something and she shows me. It's very, very motivating actually. I've been wanting someone to practice with.

          Now I have someone. In my best friend. Who can't put the guitar down for anything.

          Oh, I was going to take a picture of my guitar (his name is Antony Rogue, by the way, and, yes, Antony, not Anthony). But the camera has gone A.W.O.L. Very rude of it. It will return. . . some time.

           My brain is close to mush. Sleep is what it needs. And better nutrition than chocolate chip cookies. It needs to write also. When I don't write in my WIP, I've realized that's when I start making up odd stories, that aren't quiet legitimate stories.

           For instance, I texted my mom. While she was with her friends at dinner. I do believe I made a nuisance of myself. Hey, I had to amuse myself somehow. Word for word:

           me: Oh, wonderful an wise mommy, where might the megamind movie be (since you are the only one who knows where anything is in this house)?

           mom: I don't know

          me: I was hoping for a more specific answer. You can't even give us a map or anything?

          me: You are holding it for ransom. I'm sure of it.

          me: Well, let me tell you, oh, wonderful and wise mommy, we will not pay your ransom demands, no matter how petty they are, in the name of principle.

          me: Instead we will! We will- uh, simply, welll. . .Go without watching the movie.
                 Yeah, that's the best i've got.

          mom: It's possible in the van  (gives me loads to go on, doesn't she?)
   
          me: And you call that an ANSWER!!!!?
                No. No fulfilled ransom demands for you. We are quite content with our treasure planet, thank you.


          So if you think me rather odd, it's been like that all day. Unfortunately for my mother dearest.

          On the side though, I've been considering changing the background and layout of the blog. As well as the title. "little nothings" seems fairly popular. Along with my username. It's kind of popular too. :P So what do you think? Any ideas about the coming change?
For the fun of it, an Anthem Lights song. Because I like Anthem Lights and, well, it's been awhile since there's been one on here. And I will learn a B chord. And I will learn this song.

Can't Get Over You by Anthem Lights

         

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)