5/05/2013

My guitar and the Anthem Lights Covers album


           I'm a little sad. I still have not been able to purchase Anthem Lights' new album, Covers. Our small town doesn't have it. I've considered purchasing it from their site. That might be better. I'll look into that in a second here.

           I would love to go to an Anthem Lights concert. That would be awesome. I never been. A friend of mine told me about them. So I youtubed Anthem Lights. And (obviously) I found them marvelous. Or I wouldn't be going on and on about them. :)  Anyhow. Maybe I'll end with one of their songs. I have a hard time choosing a favorite. It used to be Where the Light is. That is an awesome song. But Can't Get Over You is really good too. I like the acoustic version best. All their acoustic versions are amazing! I wish I could play guitar like that.

           Speaking of which. My guitar. My beaten-up, needs-a-case-but-I'm-considering-getting-a-new-guitar-instead, guitar. (I really don't know why I'm specifying which guitar, since I only have one?) It's string broke Friday. The bottom one. The other E. (Why is there two E strings? I still haven't figured that out.)

          So I went to get new strings and while I was at it I asked the guy at the music shop if they can lower the action on my guitar. (It's amazing our town even has a music shop.) He said, "Yeah, we do that all the time." So I'm going to take it to get the action lowered tomorrow. I'm so excited. I'm hoping that will help me with the F chord. I've been trying to play it for a month or so now and still haven't gotten it down. I was wondering if it was because my action was so high and if lower it would help. I don't know if it would help. And I don't really want my ability to play an F chord (or any chord) to rely on the height of the action, but perhaps when I get better, it won't matter at all.
 

         But I'm even more excited, because then I'll be able to practice again! The music shop guy said I should wait to put the strings on after they lower the action, because they normally put new strings on it anyways since they have to take the old ones off. Which is nice. Except for the part about being unable to play guitar all weekend. And I had planned to get a lot of practice in. *sighs* Oh, well. Only tomorrow stands in my way now.

           And don't misunderstand me. I just started learning to play guitar. So am I good? No. My fingers are still clumsy. And I have a hard time knowing if I have the rhythm of a song down or not. Or recognizing chords by ear. Can't do that either. But I will get there. One day. . .

           Okay, back to Anthem Lights. Actually, I think I'll give you the In the Light. It's a cover featuring Jamie Grace. It's beautiful though; I like it better than the original. And one day I hope I can play that song on my guitar. I'm not sure if they have it on album or not. But here it is In the Light covered by Anthem Lights and Jamie Grace.


                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)