7/15/2013

In Between- poem

For some reason whenever I sit down to write in the book I'm trying to finish, I end up writing something else. Maybe a bit of another book idea, or a poem. I'm not sure if it's a good thing, since I need to get that book done. But at least I'm writing.
For some reason though I can't edit the poems that I just write. To close to them I suppose. I have to flip through my journal to a poem I wrote months ago and edit it instead.


In Between


Waiting for
           life to begin
Waiting for
           night to end

Waiting for
          everything

for anything

Waiting for
           the answers
Waiting for
           the truth

Waiting for
          people to
Do what
           they do

To show me
           how they think
           what they want
                where they've been
              what they've done
When they're through

I'll wait to see
If they've noticed
That I'm not going to leave

Waiting for
           courage
Waiting for
           hope

For affirmation
           From You

How long
           Until I know
                 Until I can move
            Until I can do
Until You see me

Doing while
           I wait
Doing what
           must be done

Giving time
           to people
Giving them
           a part of me

Even when
           they do not see

It all means something
It all means nothing

Doing all
           the time
And getting
           nowhere

Because I'm
           still waiting
Waiting
           for You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)