7/06/2013

Celebrate Freedom

I know I forgot to change the URL. I'll do it tomorrow. Uh, if I remember. :P Last weekend some friends, my mom, and I attended Celebrate Freedom. It's this huge outdoor Christian concert that KLTY hosts over July 4th weekend. And-

           It was amazing! There were many artists I was unfamiliar with like Royal Tailor and Capital Kings who I heard for the first time. And then there were artists like Jason Grey whose songs I've heard and love but never knew who played them. Now I know, and he is really good. He seems like a very humble person.

           Josh Wilson was there! He sang Carry Me. I love that song. And then he did an acoustic guitar instrumental of Amazing Grace. That was awesome. Really. I hope I can play like that one day.

           I liked Mandisa more than I expected. She's fun and loves to dance. Her new song, Overcomer, is really good.

           Jamie Grace! She was neat. Not like I had expected her, but really good. She was homeschooled and only 21. I didn't know that. I think I can relate. She has never been on date because she's waiting for the guy God has planned for her. Again, I can relate. She has a great personality and I love her zeal for God. She's very contagious.

           Switchfoot was last. They were pretty good. I don't know many of their songs though. If I had, I'm sure I would've enjoyed it more. They were a lot of fun, a good way to end the night.

           But my favorite was Toby Mac. :) First time to see him in concert and it was awesome. They have so much energy! So much variety. And I love their hearts for God. They enjoy what they do and they do it for Him and hope to inspire others to look to God also.

           Now I feel more inspired to go and do the same. To use my talents for Christ. My writing. And I really hope one day my guitar playing will be good enough to actually play in worship at church or something. That it would draw people in worship and closer to God.


                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)