10/17/2013

School

           I've been feeling really defeated recently.

           I have no idea what I'm doing in choir.

           My guitar instructor has me reading notes and playing a duet with someone. Yeah, it's not going to well. For me. But the other guy is good.

           I stink at Ear Training and I've been trying so hard to get better. And nothing seems to work. Intervals and melodic dictation hate me. I understand intervals in theory, but I can always tell them apart when listening to them. Minor 2nds and Major 2nds are easy. Normally I can get the minor and Major 3rds. The perfects sound alike, though I can distinguish bewteen octaves at least half the time. The rest: over my head. Let's just not talk about melodic dictation.

          We're supposed to have a sight-singing quiz soon too.

           I really love being a music major. I enjoy learning about music. I don't know if I could go back to being an English major. But it's really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)