9/04/2013

"I thank God for this day, for the sun and the sky, and my piece of apple pie. . ."

           So lately I've been kind of down. Feeling left behind. Alone. And definitely overwhelmed with the beginning of school.

           It's kind of killed some of my joy, I think. One of my co-workers asked if I was okay because I was "quiet sad." (she had to specify because I'm normally quiet) And I know one of my other co-workers knew I wasn't feeling well, because she was trying help me out and kept giving me this concerned you-are-not-yourself-today look. One of the customers even asked me, "Are you sure you're okay? You look different today. Like not yourself."

           It's really nice to know that people care. And they know how I normally act and can notice when something's wrong. Even the customers. I was grateful for their concern. And if they hadn't said something. I may not even be aware that there was something wrong with me. I'm not always so well attuned to my own emotions. It used to take me forever to realize when I was lonely or stressed or sad about something. I'll know what I'm feeling, but I won't know why. Usually I have this moment when I think, "What is wrong with me?"

           I think I really need to thank God for what I do have. What I can do. And not focus so much on the negative. Because God has done a lot amazing things for me. For everyone. So I decided that each day I would write a thank You to Him in the morning and when I go to bed.

           And I'll post some of them when I think about it. The joy of the Lord is my strength.

           Thank You God for Your Word. That it is ever and always true. That I can stand on it. On Your promises. Thank You that I have work today. And thank You for sparkly blue shoe laces. Love You back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)