8/28/2013

Calm before the Strom

           Sorry I haven't posted as frequently. College started up this week. And with my major change. Yes, I'm learning a new language. Music. It's nice.

           So far theory hasn't been too bad. I'm still having trouble recognizing notes. But half of what we've gone over I studied for my placement test. And the half- I take a lot of notes. But my textbook has yet to arrive in the mail. *sigh* The last book.

           Yesterday was ear training and sight singing. Haven't gotten to the singing part yet. Agonizing suspense. I'm sure once the ice is broken and I've attempted to sing in front of others a couple times it won't be so bad. Now the writing notes while our instructor plays part. That was yesterday. And the first time, I missed everything. I'm not sure if I could have written any worse than I had. But the second time. I got most of it on the first try! I was so proud of myself. I actually got something. But it was simple notes. It will be getting more difficult soon. I'm bracing myself.

          Piano. So far not bad. I don't already play, but we just worked on posture and then note identification. These class overlap often, which helps ingrain in it the brain better. :) Maybe that's why they're all like one or two credits only. But again, I'm anticipating it to become harder.

          So I really, really need to work on note identification. And piano practice. As well as guitar. I have yet to have my guitar lesson yet though. I'm extremely excited. . . and nervous about it! Tomorrow. One more day! I can't wait. :)

           Now choir is another story. Uh, I'm already lost. They started with scales. Hm. Yes, explain this to me again? No, there's no explain. Just sing with everyone else like you know what you're doing and you'll get it eventually. *gulp* Or we hope so at least. Then there's soprano and alto. (the only reason I know the difference between soprano/alto/tenor etc. is because I asked a friend the day before school.) I'm not sure which one I am. Technically we aren't divided into sections yet. . . But it kind of sounds like we are. I'll get this. One day.

           Next time. I'll try to post something more interesting. :P Like a song maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)