3/05/2013

roll your eyes melodramatic


         I haven't been kidnapped. I haven't been called away on a secret mission (what's taking them so long?). I haven't been unconscious in the hospital. Or run over by a meteorite. Or eaten by a roving, stray mountain lion. Or attacked by a wild, uncaged circus clown (I really don't understand the cliched clown-phobia).

         Unfortunately what has taken me away from my serious blogging duties is something far worse. I was seized by life. Yes, my few but certainly you are out there audience, I am a victim of the most common and yet tragic, um, tragic, uh- man, and I was on a role here! Oh, well. But it's true. Work, school, and- yuck!- moving (of all the things) has sucked me away from you.

         So I have to go soon. Because I'm typing this at the college. There's no internet in the RV. Inconvenient, I know. But life seems to be that way toward me. Inconvenient. I think it's against me.

         On a random note, I thought of a great title for a book that needs a story so I can right it, uh, write it. It would probably be a children's book. "The Clumsy Ballerina" The contradiction is what I like. And if you are, again, rolling your eyes, then, yes, I am very terrible with titles.

        On another not so focused note, I saw the movie "The Fellowship of the Rings" for the first time. The Lord of the Rings is seriously dark. And it has a terrible amount of backstory in the beginning. I had a hard time swallowing all the magic and sorcery. But the story itself. The tension between good and evil. It's so compelling and riveting. And- and- Gandalf died! Or supposedly died. That's just not right. I like how they tried to make every character in the new Hobbit movie look like the same character in Fellowship. I felt like I was watching a movie made yesterday. (Yeah, I'm not a special effects expert.) It makes me want to read the books. Even if Tolkien's style was hard for me to wade through in The Hobbit. The story is amazing. Classic. But I'm telling you things you already know. Everyone knows this. Sorry I'm behind you all, ooing and ahing and squeezing the movie into a paragraph because. I have to go.
       
       Hopefully I will be around more often, but no guarantees. Another inconvenience. I don't come with a lifetime warranty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)