3/28/2013

Favorite bands


          I'm so excited! Tomorrow I plan to see one of my favorite artists in concert. For King and Country. I can't wait.

           I'm even more excited that Anthem Lights' new album has come out. Anthem Lights is my absolute favorite. (sorry For King and Country, but it's the truth)

           I will have to say one of the things I like best about these artists is their music. It's not mill of the road at all. For King and Country always has a great piano, and I love their drum beats. And they always have a good blending of all the instruments together. I love their ear for music They're lyrics are really good too. I have a hard time choosing which one of their songs is my favorite.

          Anthem Lights is an amazing group as people and what they stand for and believe. I'd say the same for For King and Country except I don't know much about the individuals. They're music, like For King and Country, is also amazing. The acoustic versions of their songs are the best! Though the acoustic guitar is one of my favorite sounds so. . . I might be a bit biased. Just a bit. They each have great voices, but they know how to sing together. And their lyrics are the best. Always.

But what I like the most about both of these bands is that they are Christians who are amazing musicians. They are producing good music for Jesus whether or not the lyrics themselves mention Jesus. It's about excellence. To excel at something. I want to be like that in my writing. That even if my story doesn't have a typical Christian message, it still glorifies God. When it concerns Christian media, I hear a lot of people, both Christians and not, say that the quality of the song/story/movie isn't that great. And, unfortunately, they are right sometimes. I think it's because we Christians try to force the message instead of letting it come natural. But one day I hope to hear people say, "Those Christians, it seems like everything they set their hands turns out amazing. What is it about them?" And with bands like For King and Country and Anthem Lights, that might just happen.

           So to share some of their songs with you? It's a hard choice. I should share Anthem Lights' new original. And For King and Country we try one that doesn't air on the radio, something you may not have heard.

         





So what are some of your favorite bands and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)