11/15/2013

To try



           I played yesterday. So nervous. I thought I couldn't do it. But I stood backstage and remembered something. I didn't have to do it alone. I asked God to help me. To be there for me. I said, "God, I need You now." I realize I need to humble more often, and need God now. Because in reality, there is never and will never be a second that I won't need Him.

           And we did it! God and I did it. :) I love to know that I can say that.

          I've been really feeling kind of down lately because it seems no matter how hard I try, it's never enough. I still get bad grades. I still mess up. And sometimes I get weary of trying. I don't have enough strength for it anymore.

           But you know something? God is my hope. He is my strength, and He is my everlasting. He will be there to keep it together when I can't. And I know it'll work out somehow. My grades will get better if I keep sincerely trying. The light bulb will go on. And I'll mess up. But God will pick me back up and always give me a chance to do it better next time.

            And He gave me that hope yesterday on that stage with Him, my guitar, and me. That it'll be alright. Because I'm in His hands. And that's where I belong. And really, I don't want to belong anywhere else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)