11/13/2013

And so life goes

So not much is going on. Except that I stink at ear training. Intervals, chords, melodic dictation. All of it. It's the first class on Tuesdays and Thursdays and it sucks all the motivation out of everything. I've been using this website musicalmind.org to study with. I just did the melodic intervals but only the 2nds and 3rds. A part of me is rejoicing because I got a 60% instead of a 40%. And the other part of me is wonders if I'll ever get good at this stuff.

           I'm performing at the student recital tomorrow. A little nervous about that. No, very nervous about that. My brain just hasn't realized it yet. It's slow to fully process the impact of some things.

           I've realized though lately that I've been rely on myself and my circumstances to get me through things. I haven't been asking God to help with everyday things as often. I haven't been giving Him cares like I should. Instead I let it bother and I try to figure it out myself. And I didn't know I was doing this until recently.

           So I'm trying to trust Him more. To thank Him for everyday things. To ask Him to help me in everyday things. Because, believe it or not, the little things are the big things. Pretend that makes sense. To trust Him with my finances, my future, my study time, work time, in between time (that's usually reserved for breathing), my where-in-the-world-am-I-going. Just everything. And it's kind of hard. But it's nice to know that I belong to God. If nowhere else, I belong right in the middle of His hands where He will hold me close and guide my steps. And really, there's no other place I'd rather be.



         
                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)