1/22/2014

a new semester

           I spent a weekend with my friend, Chelsee. We had a lot of fun. Talking about music, Anthem Lights, watching music videos and Julian Smith TV. Yeah, that was the first time I've ever seen the latter, but it was pretty hilarious. Maybe I'll post a video sometime.

           This is her doing a cover of Anthem Lights' Follow Your Heart. Pretty awesome, hm? 





            I also got a new guitar! Yay! Maybe I mentioned that before. . . I can't remember now. I'll get some pictures up soon.

            School has gotten harder, but I can tell my professor is trying to ease us into it. She always tries to do that. I guess she doesn't want us to freak out, feel too overwhelmed and give up altogehter. The only people allowed in the music classes are music majors. I think that's a little too limiting, but I guess they want to teach the people who are serious about learning music. Still. So our class was smallish to begin with. Maybe ten, eleven people, or so. Now I think there's only six or seven of us.

           Honestly, I'm still so unsure as to why I'm here doing this. Music. I love it. I promise that. But I'm not sure what I will do with a music degree. Everybody asks me what I want to do. I'm not sure. I just know I really enjoy what I'm learning. I wish I knew the answers to their questions. But for now, all I can say is I want to do what God wants me to do. I want to be where He is, where He leads me. If He wants me to continue with music as my major, I'll do so. If He wants me to switch again, I'll do so. If He wants me to stop going to college altogether, then so be it. Wherever God is, that's where you'll find me.

            I still get frustrated with myself because I have no idea where I'm going. I still worry about the future sometimes. Recently, I've trying hard to give it to God. To take it one day at a time and just honor Him in everything. That is so difficult sometimes. A lot of the times. But God has a plan. And I should leave the details to Him. He'll let me know what I need to know when I need to know it.

         Oh, we are going to see Skillet at the Rock and Worship Road show this Friday! I can't wait. Jamie Grace will be there too. I really enjoyed seeing her at Celebrate Freedom.

         I'll go now. Have a good week.

Switchfoot's The Sound

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are cool. I'd love to know what you have to say. And I do reply. :)